Software Engineer II (Orders) at Classy (Remote)
Classy helps nonprofit organizations increase their impact by creating outstanding giving experiences. Our best-in-class suite of online fundraising solutions help millions of people amplify their support for the causes they care about. As an independent subsidiary of GoFundMe, we are a global leader in modern giving across B2C and B2B, crafting new opportunities to reach more people and organizations across the world. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $4 billion for social good.About the role:
Classy's Engineering team is hiring a Software Engineer II to join our Orders team! This team is a segment of our larger platform group responsible for the design, build, and maintenance of our critical services and infrastructure that processes vast volumes of financial transactions measured in billions. The ideal candidate will combine engineering expertise with product proficiency, is motivated by exciting technical challenges that come with scale, and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative, and team oriented environment. We want to talk to you if you are unfazed by the idea of refactoring and improving our existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.What you’ll accomplish:
- Be a valued member of an autonomous cross-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on our technical and product roadmaps
- Play an important role in building and maintaining a robust, fault-tolerant payment services layer
- Work on a microservice-based evolution of our platform and architecture
- Learn and grow your skills by working with other talented and engaged developers to design new features and re-architect existing ones.
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve your software engineering skills using the best software development practices and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years building and maintaining highly scalable backend services
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Docker, AWS solutions (EC2, ECS, Lambda, SNS)
- Ability to understand product requirements and translate them into technical subtasks.
- Proficiency in schema design in relational or NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- A deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of distributed software architecture with experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads
- Experience with e-commerce platforms and integrating with payment processors
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.