Software Engineer II- Observability, Internal Tooling at Housecall Pro (Remote)
Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.
We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
We also offer:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
The Role: As a Software Engineer II at Housecall Pro you’ll begin working with your team lead on our Ruby on Rails application, iterating through fast-paced use cases. You’ll design, develop, and test small features and push those features to production on a daily basis. Initially, you'll work on our Ruby on Rails application and its React front end. As you gain experience, you will have the opportunity to work on our Android and iOS applications as well, eventually allowing you to continue as a Full Stack engineer or to specialize in a particular technology.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Engineering team to develop and deploy features that provide customer outcomes.
- Write great code that is both understandable and testable
- Rotate through and learn the technology stacks that drive Housecall Pro.
- Collaborate with product managers to deeply understand core customer problems, how to solve them, and estimate their complexity
- Gain mentorship from our team to grow your skills and confidence
- 1-3 years of experience in a software engineering role
- Bachelor's degree, MS, or Ph.D in computer science or relevant experience required
- Ability to write meaningful, well-tested code that solves real customer problems
- Can estimate, design, and build a small epic end-to-end
- Ability to bring your latest and greatest learning and tell us why we should use them tomorrow in Housecall Pro
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro champions home service professionals by giving them the tools to work simpler and grow smarter across all aspects of their business. Our core SaaS software platform helps Pros with scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, marketing, and more. We support more than 20,000 businesses and have over 400 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees in San Diego, Denver, and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that’ll invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.