Software Engineer II (ML, C++, Python), Core Media Technology at The Walt Disney Company (Raleigh, NC)
Media Engineering builds the software and systems that prepare media content and metadata for the Disney Streaming platform - providing the best possible playback experience to our viewers.
Media Engineering handles audio, video, and metadata content from ingest through publish - for normalization, processing, and packaging - supporting operator tools and automation for a scalable workflow. We build logic across players and back-end services to measure, control, and optimize playback across our stack.
Our globally distributed Core Media Technology team, who is responsible for research and development in on-roadmap and future areas related to video processing, is looking for hardworking team players who are passionate about evolving and contributing to these and other experiences through strategic hard work and determination.
The Core Media Technology (CMT) Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer II to join us in our complex software research and development initiatives at the core of Disney Streaming's industry-leading video encoding solutions, providing the live and on-demand content for Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, and Star+. This person will actively contribute to our traditional and machine learning driven R&D activities related to Video Pre-Processing, Encoding and Quality assessment. This person will play a key role assisting the team with research and test efforts, especially via development efforts driving data manipulation and analysis and reporting through documentation and presentation results to team members. This person will participate throughout the project lifecycle from ideation, planning, research, implementation, deployment, and maintenance. The CMT team is distributed throughout the US and in Beijing and has significant interactions with Disney Research Studios in Zurich; this person will be engaging across these diverse time zones.
- Contribute to multiple concurrent R&D projects through an agile software development lifecycle, from conception, through research and development, to deployment
- Contribute to the testing of multiple concurrent R&D projects, developing methods to manipulate and analyze results, presenting results to intra/inter department technical stakeholders
Basic Qualifications :
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a technical field
- Strong programming experience in C++/C and Python
- Familiarity with Machine Learning based research and development
- Strong scripting experience driving data manipulation and analysis (e.g., Pandas)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills, working alongside experienced software research and development engineers
- Experience with industry-standard project management tools such as Jira as well as collaboration tools such as Confluence and Slack
Additional Information :