Invitae is a healthcare technology company that exposes genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our engineering teams work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems, genetic analysis and operationalizing biology. We’re constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality information for patient health. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of billions of people, join our team!The Job
Build, support, and launch new products, services, and features across the major Invitae programs and domains on the mainstream, publicly facing, Invitae applications to be used by our clients in scalable and user friendly ways.Qualifications
- Experience building and maintaining distributed systems.
- Enjoys domain focused areas that impact external products and customers
- Excels in high visibility company projects and goals with specific timelines
- Experience with Kotlin, Java or any JVM based language is a plus.
- Experience with Typescript, React.js or other front end frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins or Github Actions is a plus).
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS is a plus.
- Runs towards problems to solve.
- Comfortable working autonomously.
- Security oriented.
- Communicates well with product owners and stakeholders.
- Comfortable with both asynchronous message and API driven systems at scale. (Kafka is a plus)
- Creates software using test and observability driven development practices.
- 2-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Embrace a growth-mindset by taking risks, continually learning and appropriately applying new techniques, approaches or technology.
- Work on projects within a product, platform or feature with high-level guidance from the team.
- Design solutions using existing approaches to solve problems.
- Grow expertise in engineering and learn how to leverage skills for high-value outcomes.
- Influence and participate in the core processes of the team (planning, on-call, bug-triage).
- Growth Mindset
- Team above the individual
- Radically honest communication
- Freedom with accountability
- Transparency and data-informed action
- A sense of urgency
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.