Software Engineer II - Java/FICO platforms at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
- This exciting role will be part of the FIS Merchant solutions Product Engineering team focused on developing cutting edge solutions for the Merchant Risk, compliance, and Collections/recovery business areas
- The Senior Engineer role will be primarily working on building solutions on the FICO Decision Management platform (DMP) used for Merchant underwriting and consumer underwriting and the FICO Debt Manager solution used for automated collections/recovery
- You will be working closely working a Diverse Global team spread across the US, UK, and India
What you will be doing
- Design, code, test, implement, maintain, and support solutions built on the FICO Decision Management and FICO Debt Manager platforms
- Maintain, test and integrates application components. Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Analyze requirements and translate business requirements into product designs.
- Write technical specifications and other forms of documentation & Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring
- Work in a SAFe Agile environment collaborating closely with a Global Engineering team spread across US, UK, and India
What you bring
- A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Well versed with Java, J2EE Development. Experience writing DML, DDL scripts in Oracle. Good Understanding of JBoss, CSS, XML and JSON
- Experience implementing and consuming Soap and RESTful webservices
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Experience and working knowledge with FICO Decision management and Debt Manager Platforms and integrating these platforms with internal and external service providers
- Experience with FASt(FICO Application Studio) implementation. Preferred experience in FASt-10, Decision Modeler and DMP 3.6
- Experience with working in an Agile environment preferably SAFe Agile
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Experience with Merchant onboarding/Merchant underwriting /collections/recovery solutions in a Payments ecosystem
- Rally/ COTS application experience
- Experience with federated Single Sign On
- Exposure to AWS cloud infrastructure and services
What We offer You:
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.