PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Our team is looking for a strong and enthusiastic front end software engineer to join our established team within the PlayStation family in beautiful San Diego, CA. We apply web technologies to develop innovative core user experiences on the PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5 and beyond, that hundreds of millions of customers around the world enjoy daily. The ideal candidate will come from a strong object oriented development background and be passionate about front end web technologies.
We employ Agile standard methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation Engineering teams throughout the world.Responsibilities:
- Drive development of complex projects across multiple-teams and fields.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Product Managers, and Designers to understand feature requirements, determine technical requirements, and develop new features in PlayStation system applications
- Partner with QA engineers to ensure test coverage and verify test plans that help deliver high quality features
- Write unit tests and component tests for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevent regressions in the product code.
- Efficiently debug issues raised by internal and external users and work with the team to provide resolutions to these issues.
- Focus on Quality and strive to improve processes, propose standard methodologies and drive their usage within the teams.
- Support and Mentor other team members and provide technical leadership by reviewing pull requests, design plans, and participate in architectural discussions
- Communicate on development strategy, technical subjects related to software development frameworks, and collaborate effectively with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- At least four years or equivalent experience in developing web applications
- Experience with React or at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js
- Experience with asynchronous programming and Promises
- Experience with git or other version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience with full stack software development
- Experience working with or creating backend APIs
- Strong independent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and tackle new challenges
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for robust code
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.