Media Engineering handles audio, video, and metadata content from ingest through publish - for normalization, processing, and packaging - supporting operator tools and automation for a scalable workflow. We build logic across players and back-end services to measure, control, and optimize playback across our stack.
The Content Management Platform team is seeking a talented Software Engineer II with the drive to advance the technology backbone of Media Engineering. Our team is responsible for acquisition, management and distribution of content from over 1500 partners. We deliver the highest quality video to over a hundred million viewers, and we need your help to expand our systems and create new experiences. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the management of all descriptive metadata on the Content Management Platform. You will use AWS, Docker, Spinnaker, Kubernetes, frameworks such as Spring Boot and Django, and best practices in software engineering.
- Design well-architected solutions and build iteratively into systems while maintaining the best agile practices
- Understand and implement the best engineering practices to write well-constructed and easy to maintain code and write defensive and robust tests
- Improve the content ingestion and management system APIs, publishing tools, and workflows; implement scalable and robust data engineering pipelines
- Communicate status with peers and/or managers and present views and opinions respectfully. Collaborate to tackle problems in innovative and efficient new ways
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 2 years of software development experience and proficiency in Java, Python, or similar
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Experience building systems in the Cloud (AWS)
- Fundamental understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases including ACID and CAP, horizontally distributed computing, eventual consistency, messaging queues, and search indexes.
- An enjoyment for going deep on performance tuning and a love of owning a problem end-to-end
- A desire to relentlessly dive into problems and improve systems
- Experience with the Spring Boot Framework
- Experience designing and building large scale distributed systems with operational observability
- Experience using continuous integration and deployment with regression, load and stress testing
- Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning experience (Keras, Tensorflow)
Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
Additional Information :
Location: Santa Monica, CA (preferred) or Remote