Software Engineer I at Kepler (Remote)
Kepler executes engineered marketing, where every message and ad delivered helps create a more personalized and productive relationship between brands and their consumers. We do this by acting as clients’ agency of record, as their in-house team, or some hybrid of the two – and by harnessing data and technology across all paid digital media and data-driven CRM channels.
Kepler prides itself on being a great place to work. In fact, we’re proud to share that AdAge recognized Kepler among the Best Place to Work in 2022, validating our investment in our team and our clients.
- We're transparent with our employees. You'll hear updates on company financials, how we're performing against bonus goals, and how we're responding to challenges we face.
- We're growing. For you, that means unparalleled growth opportunities and a role in shaping the direction of the company.
- We're fun. You'll work with and learn from the smartest people in the industry and have a blast doing it.
Kepler Group is looking for a talented Software Engineer 1 to join us in revolutionizing the marketing ecosystem. We are a rapidly growing company building innovative analytics and marketing solutions to power billions of consumer touch points across our largely Fortune 500 and scaled startup clientele. We are looking for someone who loves thinking both about the ways complex workflows can be improved and how vast amounts of data can be harnessed through the power of technology.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with experience in developing scalable data platforms. We work in an inclusive, entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment where our team members have significant trust and autonomy in their day-to-day work and are encouraged to explore solutions they feel will push their work and the business forward. Successful Kepler Software Engineers have a thirst for learning, strong personal initiative, and a willingness to share their knowledge with colleagues. We are not shy about asking questions, challenging assumptions, and building innovative systems.
Required abilities: a candidate must demonstrate the ability to…
- Program effectively in at least one general-purpose programming language
- Collaborate cordially with colleagues and users
- Design software solutions to improve workflows and / or analyze data
- Integrate new and existing systems with other microservices and APIs
- Implement proactive solutions to improve our stack
- Produce code that is easily understood, and understand code written by others
- Create and maintain software in a Linux-based, terminal-driven environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and non-technical team members
- Work closely with Product Managers and effectively communicate technical issues
- Have an eager and open mind. We are constantly learning new things and want the same from you
Preferred experience: a candidate will ideally have…
- Prior development experience writing and reading quality code
- Experience collaborating with multiple people on software projects
- Recent work / hobby project whose code and behavior we can evaluate. Example: your GitHub profile with recent projects and / or dotfiles that you have personally developed
- Deployed code to a production environment (AWS, Heroku, etc)
Development tools / philosophy: a candidate should be open to…
- Vim, Tmux, Zsh, and Docker on a Linux system
- Python, TypeScript, Node.js, and Terraform
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.)
- Plain text, where practical
- Discussing and internalizing the Unix Philosophy, the Zen of Python, and other programming philosophies
Candidates must have work authorization in the United Kingdom and will be expected to work at least one day per week in Kepler’s London office.
Protect yourself from recruitment fraud. The only way to apply for a position at Kepler is by submitting a direct application via the Keplergrp.com website or working with a recruiter employed by Kepler with a @keplergrp.com email address. Learn how to stay safe by clicking here