Software Engineer I at The Walt Disney Company
These positions might be right for you if:
- You want to work on core platforms that directly improve the experience impacting our customers.
- You value data driven solutions based on observable performance and metrics
- You value thoughtfully researched solutions
- You value flexible services, models & data feedback loops
- You are a curious and efficient engineer who wants to feel empowered to help define the direction of development and work side-by-side with some of the brightest minds in our organization
- You want to explore cutting edge solutions for a new and evolving field
- You are committed to a test and data-driven approach to evaluating solutions.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and work together to find the best technical solution with our team of engineers.
- You have an understanding of the challenges and some best practices for working with distributed systems.
- You, preferably, have working knowledge of Java, Scala, and/or functional paradigms (or are excited to learn)
- You, preferably, have familiarity of AWS services such as ECS, Kinesis, S3, SNS, SQS, and Lambda (or are excited to learn)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field