Software Engineer I (Front End) at Accolade
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.Job Description
The Software Engineer I, reporting to the Manager, Software Engineer, is responsible for contributing to the design, development, maintenance and support of web applications for internal tools at Accolade. As a valuable member of the team, you will drive product features, deliver them with high quality and work as part of a team to monitor and operate your work in production.
A day in the life…
- Work with a small agile team to build the tools that support the operations of the front line care team. Implement and maintain features like messaging, member record management and provider search.
- Build the infrastructure to support the future of application development at Accolade and improve developer experience
- Collaborate with stakeholders and designers to identify needs and requirements
- Participate in an on call rotation where you will triage service desk reports, review monitoring tools, perform deployments when needed and help to maintain our applications.
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant educational experience
- Solid understanding of modern web development practices
- Passion for user experience and strong user empathy
- Constantly aiming to improve both technical and interpersonal skills
- Team player that can collaborate well with good communication skills and ability to give and receive constructive critique
- Interest in improving the healthcare experience
Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered, if not currently employed by Accolade, Inc. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.
Please note that a request for exemption due to a personal preference not to receive a vaccine is not protected by law. All requests for exemptions from this mandate shall be directed to the Company recruiter who shall route the request to the Company’s human resources department.
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.