LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, , Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role as a Software Development Engineer - Backend, you will be a highly contributing member of a core engineering team working to build the LivePerson Voice offering from the ground up and expertly integrating it into the existing LivePerson offering. In this role, you will be exposed to new technologies and architectures, have the opportunity to learn from more senior engineers and architects, and be given the latitude to flex your intellectual muscles and help define and execute new solutions to difficult problems. You must be a team player, motivated, ambitious and eager to grow through build and successful delivery of industry-shifting products.
In this role you will:
- You will participate in the design and implementation of significant portions of the product and serve as a peer and team-member on a high-performing software development team.
- You will have the opportunity to learn new technologies and architectures, including deep work with Conversational AI, VoIP based telephony, and new product development.
- Work with Product Management and senior engineering leaders to bring your engineering experience to the table and ideate new features and functionality
- Help to create reliable, scalable, high performance and uptime (99.999%) software solutions deployed in public cloud environment using the latest software, automations and testing tools available.
- You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making software achieve its operational goals.
Your qualifications are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years experience building successful production software systems
- Sound knowledge with object oriented design patterns and emerging principles
- Experience working on large scale deployments and performance tuning
- Expertise in Voice / Telephony / WebRTC based solutions is a plus (AI experience is a bonus)
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about new opportunities, and have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products.
- This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- He or she has strong OO design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, and knowledge of distributed systems architectures.
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful
- Machine learning knowledge experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with technical & non-technical audiences & influence at different organizational levels.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.