Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA. or US Remote (in select states)
Zwift is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will work in a full-stack team to deliver features that improve the racing and competition experience in our cross-platform MMORPG game. You will work cross-functionally with designers, producers, engineers, artists, QA, and product managers to build these features and help grow our core gaming product.
What you’ll do:
- Work on a cross-functional team to deliver game features that span our microservice backend and game client
- Contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of technical feature proposals.
- Mentor other game engineers through code reviews, technical discussions, and pair programming.
- Identify technical risks and help build mitigation plans.
- Work with engineers and product managers to scope and plan projects.
- Assist cross-functional teams with hiring by interviewing candidates and referring top talent.
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science and/or relevant technical area.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- We mostly use C++ and Java, but there is not specific language requirement
- Strong experience in one of the following: gameplay, game systems, cloud-based microservices, multiplayer gameplay, multi-threading, memory management, and/or profiling.
- Experience with production troubleshooting.
- Tenacity to get things done and enthusiasm for learning in an evolving problem space.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and containerization.
- Experience working on an MMO.
- Experience shipping cross-platform games, especially: iOS, tvOS, Android, Mac, and PC.
- Interest in creating fun experiences around cycling, running, and overall fitness.
(Colorado only) Minimum salary of $104,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.