Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Zipline builds and operates fleets of delivery drones to get medicine to those who need it, fast, regardless of where they live. To power this, we’re building highly efficient distribution centers with powerful software that empowers our operations team and our customers.
We’re looking for a strong software engineer to build everything from operations dashboards to ordering portals to aircraft monitoring tools. Our ideal candidate works well in startup environments, is comfortable wearing many hats, and can motivate a small team to produce impressive results.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Improve our Air Traffic Control application that gives our regulators real-time oversight of our fleet
- Design a simple and dependable system for doctors and nurses to order life-saving supplies from Zipline, regardless of their internet connectivity
- Empower our operations teams with amazing software tools to track inventory, process orders, prepare aircraft, and monitor flight status
- Own features and projects end-to-end
- Coach and mentor fellow engineers
- 2+ years experience in a software engineering role, 1+ years in a role providing technical leadership
- Experience building production web services with consideration for security, scalability, and reliability
- Experience using application server frameworks (bonus points for Flask and Django)
- Experience rapidly prototyping new product concepts, and excitement to work in an environment where you’ll be learning quickly from your users to define a product
- Understanding of automated testing practices and the ability to apply them to produce solid code that can be iterated on quickly
- Knowledge of database fundamentals like indexing, SQL queries, schema migrations, and managing backups and strong data model design skills
- Experience managing production services (bonus points for building services to work in low-connectivity situations)
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!