By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About The Role:
We’re seeking an exceptional software engineer to join the Frontend Infrastructure team and enable product teams to build new features efficiently and consistently across products. You'll play a key role in projects that not only enable engineers to build high-quality and reliable services but also impact the growth trajectory of the company.
As a Software Engineer on the Frontend Infrastructure team, you will:
- Implement tooling and drive initiatives to ensure best practices across teams as well as maximize developer productivity and experience
- Create infrastructure so teams can start building new front end applications without needing to know tricky configuration details
- Enable different product teams to be more productive by identifying similar features or tasks across teams and making improvements in the frontend stack or processes
- Collaborate with product and design teams to lead development of user interface standards, language, and component systems
- Build tooling to provide teams with visibility into their test coverage and frontend performance
- Improve end-user experience by building infrastructure to support UX consistency across products
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 3+ years of applicable engineering experience
- Broad understanding of the whole engineering stack, with deep knowledge of frontend technologies (different frameworks / tools and their tradeoffs)
- Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Care for modular, performant, and testable code
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting teammates through innovation and creative solutions to complex problems
- You love improving the efficiency and productivity of your fellow engineers and think of them as your customers
- Experience building for a microservice environment
- Experience with running GraphQL gateways at scale
- Familiarity with networking, AWS infrastructure, Docker, Nginx and Kubernetes
- Experience creating visual component or design systems
- Understanding of various forms of frontend testing: smoke, screenshot, unit, etc.
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $149,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description