The infrastructure is at the heart of everything at Pilot. From a simple code checkin to CI to deployments to customers and back, infrastructure team influences every portion of the product lifecycle. We are looking for a software engineer to join our developer infrastructure team supporting frontend infra. Over the next year, as we expand both our customer and employee base, the dev infra team will invest in the developer productivity and frontend systems to enable full stack product development. This role will focus on building frontend tools, abstractions, and standards for a consistent customer experience across Pilot’s web application stack.
- Build tooling and libraries used to build, test, deploy and measure our client-facing code.
- Collaborate with product engineers to define the standards for high-quality frontend code.
- Collaborate with design and product teams to drive the adoption of our design system.
- Contribute to the team’s short-term and long-term roadmaps to better serve our internal customers.
- Mentor and sponsor your teammates to help them grow.
- Support your software and services as required.
Even if you don’t have experience with the specific technologies in our stack, we’d love to talk to you! Our requirements are:
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience and/or interest in building tooling that makes your engineering colleagues successful
- Experience understanding, troubleshooting, and resolving client-side performance issues
- Experience collaborating across teams, including with non-engineering stakeholders
- Strong written, verbal, and technical communication skills
- Writes well-structured, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and teach others
Additionally, we’re interested in engineers with specialties in the following areas: security, performance, data pipelines, and FinTech.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
More Information on Pilot.com
Pilot.com operates in the Software industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Nashville, TN. Pilot.com was founded in 2016. It has 211 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Remote Work Program. To see all 74 open jobs at Pilot.com, click here.
Read Full Job Description