Software Engineer - Experimentation at Uber
About the Role
The experimentation team provides cutting edge experimentation tooling and methodologies for all product teams at Uber to make rapid decisions for their product iterations. Experimentation is an exciting domain that is a mix of software engineering, distributed system, data infra, data science and product design. Every major product launch across any of Uber's Rides, Delivery and Freight teams leverages the XP platform to reliably determine how new features impact Uber's key business metrics. This platform was recently rebuilt from the ground up and offers many opportunities for impactful contributions by team members.
- Collaborate efficiently & provide business value with timely launch of critical projects in the experimentation team
- Produce consistent high quality code across all projects
- Identify and fix bugs and reliability of current systems
- Bring in your passionate self and positively impact the team around you
What You'll Do
- Own important components of the experimentation ecosystem end-to-end
- Influence, define and own the vision and roadmap for the product
- Interact with users directly to understand pain points and improve the systems.
- Raise the code quality bar and define the technical direction for the experimentation product stack.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ship complex projects fast and with quality.
- Coach and mentor junior and new team members.
- 2+ years of experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- 2+ years of experience in systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java or Golang or other equivalent
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Understanding of distributed system and architecture
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.