We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is building exciting new trading products for retail and institutional customers. We are building large scale trading systems that will provide execution capabilities and manage post-trade activities like clearing and settlements. These systems will provide the necessary information for downstream data, risk, and operational consumers.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Architecting and implementing a core trading platform that includes trade execution and post-trade activities (clearing & settlement).
- Responsibilities will include designing systems for reporting, settlements, reconciliation, venue connectivity, market data, etc
- Drive overall architecture by working closely with downstream teams (risk, finance, data, ledger)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- The ideal candidate has a good understanding of trade execution, clearing and settlement.
- Mentoring of junior engineers and those engineers with less domain expertise in financial systems.
- You’ve experienced architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Nice to haves:
- Cryptocurrency markets experience
- Equities, Options, Futures, or FX markets experience
- Experience with GoLang and/or Java/C/C++ with low latency development a plus
- Experience with FIX and binary message protocols, client onboarding/certification
- Experience with message bus architecture a plus
- Experience using Amazon Web Services, Lambdas, gRPC, Envoy or Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, and other messaging infrastructures
Sound cool? Let's work together!
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $140,250+ target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Job ID: G2032
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.