Software Engineer, ETH Team at BitGo (Remote)
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with custody liquidity, and security solutions. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, with more than $10 billion in custody and circulation. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Software Engineer who will join our Ethereum team. This role can be worked remotely so long as your home base is in North America.
- Pioneer the onboarding of new Ethereum-based tokens, protocols (L2, Bridges, Roll-ups), and network upgrades (Hard forks, Ethereum 2.0)
- Contribute to stability and scalability of Bitgo’s Ethereum infrastructure and transaction processing services
- Author logic for signing, broadcasting, and reducing fees of Ethereum transactions
- Work closely with the Product Manager to resolve any blockers that hinder daily operations
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- Security focused, highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
- 2+ years of software engineering experience on the server-side
- Having worked with some NodeJS required. Heavy experience is a plus
- Strong experience with taking a set of requirements and implementing them fully with minimal guidance
- Interested in Ethereum and the cryptocurrencies ecosystem
- Experience with RESTful programming conventions
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL
- A depth of knowledge and implementation experience
Nice to have
- Some understanding of solidity, Ethereum transaction fees, and the Ethereum transaction model
- Understanding or experience with MongoDB, Kubernetes, Docker, Drone, or asynchronous programming methods/tools
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.