From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a talented Software Engineer with a passion for building enterprise grade software to join the team. You will be focusing on developing new world-class enterprise capabilities and features in support of our largest and most sophisticated customers. The work we do is both highly visible and critically important to the long term growth and success of Fivetran. You will have an impact across the entire product as we develop our next generation of enterprise, data governance, and solutions engineering offerings.
Enterprise is a new group in Fivetran engineering that you will have an impact on building from the ground up. As an engineer in the Enterprise Group, you will contribute to and own the entire software development lifecycle for the capabilities that are critical to making our largest enterprise customers successful. You will collaborate with engineers across the engineering organization as we identify opportunities for product improvements. You will be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence of your team and owned services, by reviewing code, contributing to architectural designs, and mentoring junior colleagues.
This full-time position can be based out of our Oakland, California headquarters or remote anywhere in the United States, British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec, or Alberta, CA.
Our stack includes: Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, Bazel, CircleCIWhat You'll Do
- Lead greenfield projects to deliver intuitive best-in-class enterprise capabilities to Fivetran’s largest customers
- Maintain and improve existing enterprise features; call for improvements in all areas of Fivetran's codebase and infrastructure
- Collaborate across engineering on cross-functional projects creating innovative solutions
- Understand and fix challenges related to performance and scalability.
- Develop, maintain, and test code
- Participate periodically in on-call rotation
- Participate in the hiring process
- Make Fivetran the most reliable and secure component of our customers’ data infrastructure
- Writes well-structured and performant code
- Able to define project requirements
- Proficient at designing software and infrastructure
- Java programming experience
- Works well in a team
- Can identify design flaws in existing systems and devise improvements
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.