Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We are actively looking for a talented software engineer to join the Infrastructure team with a focus on engineering productivity and …Example projects include improving build time and dependency management in our monorepo, allowing engineers to quickly iterate locally on microservices, building fast and reliable testing framework, or standardizing logging and monitoring systems.
- Make every engineer’s day-to-day productive and enjoyable!
- Define engineering tooling roadmap
- Own Kubernetes deployment and development tooling
- Build various software and hardware testing frameworks
- Provide technical support for engineers on other teams
- Help with growing the team
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in at least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and tooling
- Comfortable with working at the frontier of infrastructure and software development
Nice to have
- Experience with one of the major cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience with Go
- Experience managing a monorepo
- Experience with Bazel or similar build systems
- Experience with ArgoCD
- Experience writing Kubernetes controllers
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description