Software Engineer, Embedded Systems - University Graduate 2022 at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:31 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 17, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
We're focused on hiring embedded software engineers that understand not only the lower-level systems, but also how everything integrates together from the hardware to the UI. You’ll be working closely on one side with our hardware vendors and ME/EE people, and on the other side with server and UI engineers, industrial designers, and our operations team. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment where your work is regularly shipping to customers and improving people’s safety, this is the place for you!
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the embedded and server-side software for our fleet of devices.
- Effectively manage priorities, deadlines, and deliverables on all projects.
- Work cross-functionally with the hardware team to develop features in C, Go and Python to build the embedded software and firmware that goes onto the devices we ship to our customers: Cameras, Verkada Access Control units, Verkada Card / BLE readers, and future devices we will soon be launching.
- Design, develop and verify embedded software, firmware and drivers for our systems.
- Work with new technologies that are critical to product development.
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship features that delight users and customers.
- Experiment/test with new development boards.
- Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis.
- Collaborate with senior engineers to define new specs for future products.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, something similar or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ internships in software engineering.
- Mastery of at least one practical programming language.
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Work experience with: C, USB, I2C, Yocto, etc.
- Familiar with Linux servers, Linux device drivers, Linux kernel patches, secure operating systems and security focused programming.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description