Software Engineer - Edge Services at Twilio (Remote)
Join the team as our next Software Engineer.Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
It’s time to build! Twilio's Edge Services team is responsible for the ingestion of Twilio’s Web Console and API traffic, and its supporting services. We are looking for an inspired, humble, growth-oriented Software Engineer to help us keep empowering developers all around the world to build modern communication applications and experiences. As part of Edge Services, you will build and operate mission-critical backend services that are trusted by Twilio customers and engineers alike. We enable Twilio engineers to focus on innovation while delivering consistent experiences across our products for our customers.
If you feel excitement when being exposed to the challenges and opportunities that come with building distributed, low latency and highly-available systems at scale, you may be a fantastic fit!Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop solutions to improve the performance, reliability, and scale of Edge systems.
- Contribute to automating solutions for operational reliability factors such as monitoring, performance, capacity etc.
- Develop solutions for complicated problems both independently and with team members.
- Work independently to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complicated issues.
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Architects, Product and Engineering Managers.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers.
- Point of contact for other teams and dependencies.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience in backend software engineering.
- Proficiency in one programming language and exposure to a few others.
- Hands-on experience with database solutions.
- Have the technical ability to understand software development lifecycle, collaborating with other engineers in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Understands the pros and cons of technologies and open to make pragmatic, practical choices.
- Strong experience in building resilient, high-throughput services and distributed systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex production issues.
- High level understanding of Resilience, availability and performance testing.
- Experience managing Load Balancing technologies such as Nginx, HAProxy, Kubernetes or similar.
- Experience with the Cloud, APIs, monitoring and instrumentation of distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience with Java, Python or Golang.
- Good with implementing and maintaining CI/CD deployment pipelines.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Terraform Cloud.
- Exposure to Workflow Orchestration technologies. Experience in Temporal.
This role will be based in our Madrid office or remotely from anywhere in Spain.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]