By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Dropbox is looking for software engineers to come build the next generation of work collaboration tools. This role is for engineers who are looking to specialize in desktop platform development. The Desktop Developer Experience team builds core desktop technologies that have enabled Dropbox to pivot into the foreground space.
The platform we build centers on a core developed in Rust and utilizes web technologies to render rich experience to our users on Mac, Linux, and Windows. As part of the team, you would be central to empowering our product engineers to quickly innovate on desktop. We’re in the midst of evolving the platform to leverage new technologies such as Electron. A primary role for this position will be to execute on and help shape that vision.
- You will leverage technologies like Electron and Rust to accelerate desktop development.
- You will build a platform that can be leveraged by product engineers so that they can be as productive as possible
- You will write modular, secure, and well-tested code
- You will design and build software capable of reaching millions of daily users in Rust and Typescript with React
- You will ensure that our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product platform teams
- You will work closely with customer support to respond quickly to issues for our users and solve those in a permanent and scalable way
- You will articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of work related industry experience
- A desire to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together