From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
HVR, a Fivetran company, is the leading developer of a software platform that provides superior data integration solutions for data replication, continuity, migration and warehousing. HVR is designed to move large volumes of data fast, accurately, and efficiently in complex environments.
Our software solution replicates data between 30+ different technologies and platforms that our customers use. Data is the lifeblood of a modern organization. Our technology, along with Fivetran’s leadership in automated data integration, enables organizations to unlock their data silos by replicating data in real-time, between a multitude of mostly database technologies, on-premises and in the cloud. Common use cases include data lakes, data warehouses, and reporting environments.
As we build our team at HVR, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating a working environment of inclusion. We highly value our differences and we are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by ethics and the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
As part of the Fivetran team, HVR employees will be incentivized to help grow the combined business by receiving equity compensation in Fivetran that is subject to vesting.Your Opportunity
Do you want to work on the best all-in-one real-time data integration solution, in one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry?
HVR is looking for software engineers to help us build and extend the HVR, the fastest solution to move your data on-premise and into the cloud. You’ll join a growing team of agile software engineers who collaborate with one another to build new product features. Our development team consists of agile teams ranging from 3-6 programmers and is built on the principles of autonomy, collaboration, and communication. If you are interested in working in an environment that enables you to foster your skills and further your career, apply to join the team.Responsibilities
- Participate in the specification, design and programming of new functionality in the HVR product.
- Work closely with technical leads on the specification of new features, understanding the issues and resolving them to build robust and reliable solutions.
- Partner with the test and documentation teams to ensure features are thoroughly tested and documented before seeing them incorporated into the product and delivered to customers.
- Work in an agile environment where you work together with your scrum team to take ownership of your team’s goals and to discover and plan your team’s work.
- Persistence. You drill down to the nitty-gritty innards of database systems and welcome the challenge.
- Software design skills. You are able to translate findings into a clear and concise design and a maintainable and elegant implementation.
- Experience. You know how to find your way in large existing code bases.
- Efficiency. You know about space and time efficiency of code, and you’re able to design efficient algorithms.
- Self motivation. You are self-propelling and find ways to make things better.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or technology, or 3+ years of equivalent work experience in software development.
- Knowledge and experience of Relational Databases, SQL language, DBMS call-level interface (e.g. ODBC or Oracle OCI).
- Knowledge of complex structures, object orientation, exceptions, memory management techniques.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- Experience with data replication, ETL/ELT tools, cloud and software defined infrastructure tools (for instance AWS Cloud Formation, Kubernetes, Docker), API technologies and analytics is a plus
- Knowledge of DBMS internals, such as the transaction logging system is a plus
- Strong proficiency (i.e., able to complete coding projects with no assistance) in one of the following programming languages: C or C++ is a plus
- Dental, and Health Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance and Income protection and Retirement savings plan
- Equity in early-stage, Series C Startup
- A healthy work culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Working from home equipment stipend
- Family Leave Program
- Company happy hours and virtual Team building events
- Social/ Wellness/ Volunteer activities
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.