Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1000 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
As enterprises worldwide become more and more invested in the cloud, Dataiku looks to expand its services and offerings, to adapt to rapidly shifting customer needs. Dataiku brings together Big Data and AI technologies into a unique and easy-to-use platform. It allows data scientists to process data with SQL databases, Spark, and Kubernetes with either user-friendly visual interfaces or code.
To help us fulfil this mission, we are looking for a talented fullstack software engineer to work on the Data preparation part of Dataiku and other core features of the platform.
The mission of the Designer & OPALS teams is to maintain and improve the core features of Dataiku that are dedicated to Business Analysts & Developers such as:
- Data preparation & integration: this includes reading from and writing to Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Azure Synapse, … and processing data using the latest processing engines: Spark on K8s, SQL with UDFs
- SQL workbench & Jupyter notebooks
- Integration with IDEs
- Help and onboarding experience
- Plugins infrastructure
- Automation & public REST APIs
What you will be doing:
- Support new databases capabilities to read/write or process data faster
- Optimize our layout engine to be able to render flows of 1000 datasets faster
- Improve our help system to make it smarter
- Bring spatial joins and isochrone computing to the platform
- Improve dataset upload experience using A/B testing
- Add support for graphical explain plans in our SQL workbench
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have experience in software development and are interested in data processing
- You are customer-oriented — you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems
- You know Data science is 80% preparing data and 20% complaining about preparing data
- You are curious about working “under the hood” and want to learn how things are built
- You have firsthand experience (either professional or personal) building a real product
- You are humble and kind
- You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and you treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty
Dataiku is the platform for Everyday AI, systemizing the use of data for exceptional business results. By making the use of data and AI an everyday behavior, Dataiku unlocks the creativity within individual employees to power collective success at companies of all sizes and across all industries. Don’t get us wrong: we are a tech company building software. Our culture is even pretty geeky! But our driving force is and will always remain people, starting with ours. We consider our employees to be our most precious asset, and we are committed to ensuring that each of them gets the most rewarding, enjoyable, and memorable work experience with us. Fly over to Instagram to learn more about our #dataikulife.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact us at: [email protected]