Software Engineer, Cybersecurity at Motional
We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our Cybersecurity team to continue to improve the quality and security of our perception and machine learning software! We are open to hiring an experienced engineer enthusiastic about cross-training in software security.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with the AV Stack Teams to develop secure software for autonomous driving systems in compliance with a Security Development Lifecycle.
- Develop new security features to prevent or mitigate attacks on AV Stack, implement and promote new quality practices, collaborate with experts to implement AV Stack algorithms using modern software engineering practices.
- Collaborate with other Cybersecurity team members to design and develop secure software for the next generation of Autonomous Mobility Platforms.
- Work in a fast-paced work environment while communicating with employees in other locations
What We're Looking For
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience.
- 5+ years professional experience building software for robotics, AI, cyber-physical systems, or advanced engineering projects.
- Strong programming skills in C++, experience with Python.
- Experience with Linux work environment, software, and toolchains.
- Experience with programming for multi-threaded systems.
- Experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs, and developing efficient implementations
Bonus Points (not required)
- Safety certification (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.)
- Dynamic analysis (sanitizers, valgrind, gcov, etc.)
- Static analysis (Coverity, Klocwork, MISRA)
- Mathematics behind robotics and sensor systems
- Secure coding (or a strong desire to learn and practice software security topics)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.