Software Engineer, Customer Identity Platform (Remote Eligible) at Okta
Okta is the identity standard. The Okta Identity Cloud is an independent and neutral platform that securely connects the right people to the right technologies at the right time. We help organizations do two things - secure and manage their extended enterprise and transform their customers' experiences. With over 9400 customers globally, 6500+ app integrations, and well over 300 million registered users, we are only getting started.
We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to work on our customer identity platform. You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will get an opportunity to solve the most challenging problems of a global cloud service, with stringent performance, reliability and scalability requirements.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of engineers to design, develop and deliver highly scalable software used daily by millions of users
- Drive evaluation, development, and roll-out of new services and applications
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests.
- Collaborate with architects, QA, product owners, security and operations engineers
- Help with mentoring new engineering hires and interns
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of full stack software development experience building time sensitive, highly reliable, mission-critical software
- 7 + years experience with strongly typed language - Java, C#, or C++
- 3-5 years UI framework experience, such as React etc.
- 3-5 years configuring and running infrastructure in a cloud provider - AWS, Azure, CGP, Oracle
- 3+ years developing public facing, RESTful APIs
- 3 years experience leading a team of software engineers
Nice to Haves:
- Customer identity experience
- SaaS development experience
- Experience using OSS cryptography libraries to protect customer data
- MySQL and NoSQL experience
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field