Software Engineer - Customer Experience at Nextdoor (Remote)
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 290,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.Meet Your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we believe in the transformative power of community. The Information Systems team at Nextdoor is responsible for providing efficient platforms, workflows, and tools at scale for our internal customers in Finance, People, Neighborhood Operations and Sales & Marketing teams. As a software engineer, you will be responsible for building new applications or enhancements, integrating our platform systems with third party SAAS applications like Segment, Iterable, Salesforce, or building data pipelines into our data lake.
The Impact You’ll Make
As we scale and grow our business, we plan to enhance our internal infrastructure and tools to help our Neighborhood operations teams to ensure great member experience. This role will be the first and founding member of this internal tools team.
As part of the Information systems team, you will play a crucial role in defining, architecting, and building systems and features. In addition to writing code, you’ll have the opportunity to work with other product engineering teams, Neighborhood operations teams, Sales Operations and Growth marketing teams to help define your projects. You will also be partnering with other Information Systems team members who are subject matter experts in Salesforce and other business applications.
Day-to-day you should expect to be doing the following:
- Backend development in a variety of languages/frameworks including:
- Helping create and review the architecture that will take our team to the next level
- Mentoring junior engineers within our team and adjacent teams
- Collaborating with product management and design to ensure we work on the right things in the right way
- Working with other engineering teams in Toronto, San Francisco and beyond
- Helping to improve the processes and technology that drive how we work, especially as a member of a newer location
- 8+ years of backend software engineering experience
- Experience within the AWS ecosystem preferred
- Experience with Salesforce Integrations is a plus
- Strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Proven track record of designing building systems at significant scale
- Strong coding abilities in at least one language. Python experience preferred
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.