Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure at Moveworks (Peninsula)
As a senior member of the core infrastructure team, you will be responsible for architecting the next generation of the Moveworks AI infrastructure. As Moveworks grows fast, the infrastructure team is tasked with designing and operating reliable and resilient foundational services as well as frameworks that allow our product to scale seamlessly and our engineering teams to build customer facing features very rapidly.
We’re building a team that indexes on moving fast, solving challenging product/engineering problems and providing value to our customers. To be successful, you'll be partnering with machine learning, search, product, data, and full stack teams to identify, define and build elegant solutions. This is an opportunity to play an integral role at the fastest-growing AI startup in its space.
Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Broadcom, and Western Digital to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why both Inc. and the San Francisco Business Times called Moveworks one of the Best Workplaces of 2021.
Come join one of the fastest-growing teams on the planet!What you’ll do:
- Closely work with machine learning, search, product, data, and frontend teams, understand their infrastructure needs, influence infrastructure roadmap, and lead as well as execute on various projects
- Build out the core infrastructure and foundational functionalities such as distributed key value store, schema-less data store, authentication and authorization, event streaming, distributed configuration management and hot reloading, rate limiting and circuit breaking, system for feature flags and A/B testing, traffic capture and replay, etc.
- Improve observability and reliability of Moveworks systems by building and enhancing distributed logging, tracing, monitoring, and alerting infrastructure
- Define methodologies and metrics to measure performance of microservices and product functionalities, identify and fix bottlenecks, as well as improve overall performance and scalability of Moveworks applications
- Regularly deliver deadline sensitive work that is interdependent with other engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience designing, building, shipping, and maintaining backend distributed systems
- Familiarity with Python/Golang/Java/C++
- Experience with containers/Docker, and with cloud infrastructure like AWS/GCP/Azure
- Desire to work at a startup pace in a small company with a high degree of ownership
- Experience solving for performance, optimization, scalability, latency, and monitoring
- Strong motivation, gumption, and an appetite for continuous, incremental changes and completing challenging projects fast
- BS+ in computer science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience
- High level of curiosity about engineering outside of your immediate discipline and an incessant desire to learn