Software Engineer -Commons Platform L3 at Twilio (Remote)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer - Edge Proxy (L3).Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to help us build the next generation of Edge Proxy at Twilio.
At Twilio’s Edge Proxy team, we manage a high-availability, low-latency proxy that processes Twilio’s inbound REST API traffic – over 10 billion API requests a week – with exceptionally high uptime, availability, and success rates. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help create a system that will enable teams to build developer friendly, scalable, and resilient APIs without friction.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, build, and maintain massively scalable, highly reliable and resilient Java services in a fast growing and engineering focused company
- Design and build scalable and segregated infrastructure deployment systems using Terraform, AWS, and Docker
- Prevent, troubleshoot, and investigate production incidents by developing automated remediation processes
- Collaborate with teams across organizations to gather requirements, prioritize design decisions, and ensure a positive development culture.
- Cultivate a culture of ownership and growth by mentoring engineers and sharing technical expertise
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4-6 years experience in software engineering, working on distributed systems at scale
- Prior experience with RESTful API design and development
- Prior experience supporting mission critical production applications using observability metrics and tools (such as DataDog)
- Prior experience developing in a CI/CD environment using tools such as Build Kite, Jenkins, Travis CI, or others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Cloud Technologies, especially AWS
- Knowledge of Terraform, or other infrastructure as code framework
- Experience using Docker containers in production environments
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,000 - $165,000
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.