Software Engineer- Cloud at Method
Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Method is seeking a Cloud Engineer with experience in designing large and complex IT operations in large organizations. This position requires strong leadership and team building skills, and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Demonstrable knowledge and hands-on experience deploying and configuring Kubernetes, as well as peripheral tools (Operators, Helm, Terraform, et al.) and industry best-practices
- Demonstrable knowledge of cloud (Azure preferred), specifically AKS, AKS Engine, Cosmos DB, and operations (OS, virtualization, networking, provisioning) technologies
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for HTAS cloud end-to-end architecture
- Maintain a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the HTAS application portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Define optimal reusable solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Contribute to DevOps tasks and activities, as needed
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Conduct product work reviews with team members
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"