Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Team
- Develop infrastructure-as-code software that bootstraps new Confluent Cloud environments
- Design feature parity between various cloud providers
- Work with other teams to ensure a smooth and repeatable provisioning process
- Own CPD product throughout entire software development lifecycle and build its roadmap as it becomes a top-level cloud management tool
Who You Are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Good team player who is not shy to reach out to other teams and collaborate on solving problems
What We're Looking For
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years industry experience designing, building, operating and supporting large-scale systems in production with a solid grasp on good software engineering practices such as code reviews, deep focus on quality, and documentation
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Proficiency in Go or Python
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform or CloudFormation
- Hands-on exposure to Kubernetes operators, Helm or StatefulSets
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP or Azure cloud environments and technologies
- Experience building APIs, both RESTful and gRPC/Thrift based
- Strong analytical and debugging skills, familiarity with OpenCensus or OpenTracing
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
More Information on Confluent
Confluent operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in Mountain View, CA. Confluent was founded in 2014. It has 1682 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 196 open jobs at Confluent, click here.
Read Full Job Description