Software Engineer - Cloud Images at Canonical (Dallas, TX)
This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about Linux, cloud infrastructure, pipelines and automation, and open source software..
You will work closely with Amazon, Microsoft, Google and other world-class cloud partners to make Ubuntu the best platform there is in the clouds. Your time will be split between build system development (using Python, Jenkins and shell), implementation of cloud-related features within Ubuntu Server itself, operation of our continuous delivery pipelines, and direct partner engagement. You will strive to automate the delivery of existing and new Ubuntu products applied to all modern workloads from web servers to GPU-aided AI for servers, VM’s and containers, and integrate our products with cloud native services.
Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company. As a part of our team, you will combine software development skills with software and infrastructure delivery experience.
Please note that at this time, we are looking for candidates located in the Americas.
What you'll do
- Build automated, highly reliable image delivery, testing and publication pipelines
- Design, build and integrate new features and enhancements into Ubuntu that will support users of Ubuntu in public clouds
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high quality code to fix them
- Review code produced by other engineers and participate in design discussions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
- Engage with many other teams at Canonical, as well as the open source community and commercial partners
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have practical experience with public clouds
- You have interest and experience with two or more of the following: containers (docker, kubernetes, etc.), devops automation, open source projects, APIs, Linux systems administration, Python packaging, cloud-based applications
- at least 2 years experience in Python software development on Linux
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development, with annual budget for professional development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working options and schedules
- Work remotely with a talented globally distributed team
- 18 weeks full pay primary care giver parental leave, 4 weeks secondary, from day 1
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.