As a member of our Service Experience Backend team, you will handle all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle: planning, designing, coding and testing software, and supporting systems in our staging and production environments. We’re looking for a person who has a positive attitude, good communication skills, and can learn things quickly. Our codebases are being modernized and continuously improved.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, implement, and test software solutions as a member of our remote backend squad.
- Participate in peer programming and code reviews to improve your quality of code and those on your squad.
- Document and share your design decisions with your squad to identify any potential improvements.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Java experience, preferably at Java 11+
- Familiar with the concepts of OOP and clean code
- Experience with SQL
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs based on Spring
- Experience using git as an SCM
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot systems
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
Ideal candidates also have:
- GraphQL experience
- Experience with MS SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience using cloud platforms and/or containerized application deployments, such as AWS Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Insurtech or Fintech environments
- A dedication to continuous learning (e.g., certificates, courses, opensource code contributions)
If shaping the future of an industry sounds exciting, you’ll love working at SageSure! A Best Places to Work in Insurance Recipient for two years in a row (2020-2021), SageSure is a managing general underwriter leader and insurance technology innovator serving disaster-prone areas. That means we sell insurance through our proprietary technology platform in places other insurance companies won’t do business. Our success in delivering coverage in America’s most challenging markets is the result of our strategic focus to understand and adequately price risk. We offer 50+ products in 14 states, serving over 400,000 policyholders while managing more than $800 million in written premium. We have nine office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Mountain View, CA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country.
We provide generous health benefits and perks, including tuition reimbursement, wellness allowance, paid volunteer time off, a matching 401K plan and more. SageSure fosters inclusion, creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work. We’re energetic, forward-thinking problem solvers; come join our team! For more information on SageSure opportunities, visit www.sagesure.com/careers/.
SageSure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, national origin or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
SageSure is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
More Information on SageSure
SageSure operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Jersey City, NJ. SageSure was founded in 2006. It has 268 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 22 open jobs at SageSure, click here.
Read Full Job Description