Software Engineer, Backend - Remote at Reciprocity
We’re looking for a Backend or Full-stack Developer to join our remote team and support our growing list of top notch customers. If you’re excited to leverage your technical abilities while contributing to internal operations that result in bottom line savings and increased efficiency on the engineering team, join our effort to transform the $125b information security industry.
What you will get to do:
- Develop new functionality for the product including features, APIs, services, etc..
- Technically lead the progressive development of the next generation of the product by working with the architecture team.
- Work with QA and Services to streamline deployment, maintenance and monitoring processes.
- Interact with customers and product managers to gather requirements/feedback, produce design documents, help define Jira stories.
- Collaboration in engineering strategy planning and hiring processes.
- Cooperation with Q&A, Product, Customer success and other teams.
What we are looking for:
- 5 years of engineering experience, with a focus on backend web development.
- Knowledge of Python, NodeJS/Typescript knowledge is a plus.
- Able to commit to feature delivery (not just code delivery).
- Strong interest in MV* architectures.
- You can provide examples of your scalable, performant code.
- Confidence in your preferred architectures and tools.
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced Agile development methodology.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with commensurate experience.
- Experience delivering Enterprise Software (SaaS, etc.) is a plus.
What we offer
- We are committed to the health and safety of our people. Our people are mostly working 100% remote, collaborating online and connecting over video, as they continue to deliver high-quality technology solutions
- You can work anytime you want. We have fixed meetings in the afternoon.
- A great and talented team to learn from and work with.
- Get to work on software used by top Silicon Valley startups.
- Internal knowledge sharing sessions.
- Collaborating with smart coworkers that put customers first
- Attend conferences that help you grow professionally.