Route is helping people discover and celebrate the world's brands through a completely reimagined e-commerce marketplace that directly connects and empowers both consumers and brands. Route’s unique platform takes a holistic approach to online shopping, rethinking the consumer experience from discovery to delivery via the Route app, while offering a suite of features that provides merchants the tools necessary to enhance the overlooked post-purchase experience. Since launching in 2018, Route has built a network of over 1.5 million app users and 7,000 merchants. Route has offices in Lehi, UT and Los Angeles, CA and is actively expanding in Latin America, especially Costa Rica and Brazil. For more information go to route.com
About the Role
Route's software engineers are developing next-generation technologies that change how millions of users see, share, and discover the world's products. We need our engineers to bring fresh ideas and be excited to take on new problems. We aspire to hire the best people with a broad set of technical skills, representing a globally diverse audience, and bringing a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and cultures.
We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join our eCommerce Platform team. This team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our integrations to eCommerce platforms. These integrations support more than 7,000 merchants across eCommerce platforms. This team provides the crucial connection between Route’s internal systems and our merchant’s systems to enable Route’s products across thousands of merchants.
A key component of how we create these connections is by injecting Route components into the ecommerce sites of our partner merchants. We are looking for senior engineers with deep experience designing and implementing complex user experiences, creating high quality tests, and monitoring live features to ensure success.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and improve frontend applications
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Embody a culture of innovation, transparency, and radical candor
- Fluent in English
- Work hours based on local time in Utah
- Contracted through third party agency
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, etc is a plus
- Experience contributing to architecture decisions on systems with high security, reliability, and scalability requirements
- Experience with React or other front-end library
- Experience with web components and micro frontends
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.