Software Engineer (Back-End) at Capable Health (Remote)
Who we are
Our vision is a world where every person is capable of achieving their health goals.Capable empowers healthcare innovators to provide affordable, personalized, quality care at scale.
We’ve developed an industry-first platform enabling providers to launch and scale their own HIPAA-compliant digital clinic 80% faster.From emerging leaders to established players, Capable transforms the speed at which health innovators engage with the lives under their care.
As of Spring 2022 have raised $6mm in seed funding, backed by healthcare leaders at M13, AlleyCorp, Able Partners, and more.
About the role
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us build our technology to become the best-in-class healthcare infrastructure company.
You will work alongside other engineers and partner with our product and business development teams to plan and develop technology that powers the growth of our early customers. You will be responsible for bringing our APIs, data infrastructure and integrations to life with sound technical execution through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. You will initially report directly to the VP of Engineering.
Everyone joining at this stage will wear multiple hats, work across the product surface, and will have meaningful equity in the business.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of everything you work on.
- Onboard, support, and ensure the success of early customers in their use of Capable's platform.
- Respond to, and promptly resolve, customers’ issues and inquiries.
- Develop deep empathy with our customers, translating their needs into specific features.
- Work across engineering, product, and design to implement features and deliver high-quality software.
- Use creative problem-solving to quickly resolve issues.
What you’ll need
- 4+ years experience working across the tech stack.
- Experience working with and supporting customers on a technology platform, understanding their needs, and translating those needs into features.
- Experience building healthcare products, or working in a regulated environment.
- Experience with:
- Back end languages and libraries, ideally Ruby on Rails
- High-performance relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL
- Cloud hosting providers, ideally AWS
Capable Health offers 100% paid health coverage for all full-time employees. You'll have access to virtual/telehealth services as well as discounts on fitness and other health & wellness offerings. We encourage employees to take time off at their discretion and allow for 30 days of all-inclusive PTO annually. Working hours are flexible to accommodate remote team members.
Capable Health is headquartered in NYC and is building a distributed, remote-friendly team with centers in NYC and Montréal.
How we hire
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and talented team, free from discrimination. This includes everyone: employees, contractors, and external partners alike. If you're excited about our mission but don't meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.