Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Are you a passionate, results-oriented self-starter who enjoys writing and running backend software using best-in-class practices?
Wing is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, you’ll collaborate to design and implement internal and external APIs and microservices. You will be part of a core system development team working alongside frontend engineers building internal and public facing web and mobile applications, other software engineers building aircraft software, aerospace engineers, product managers, and more. Your day may involve brainstorming new features, delivering on defined roadmaps, or hustling to meet customer expectations. Your work will be touched by real internal and external users as Wing launches unique airspace and delivery products to the public.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement backend APIs and microservices to ensure safe and legal drone flight, monitor and coordinate aircraft completing delivering real goods to real customers, and assisting public drone pilots to fly safely and legally
- Usher the software you build through requirements gathering, design, development, testing, validation, and production deployment
- Work on cross-disciplinary problems such as ensuring safe and legal delivery flights, integration with remote ID or federated Unmanned Traffic Management systems, delivery flight management and orchestration
- Enable scaled operations by creatively automating manual processes or improving large scale monitoring and control of a large fleet of delivery aircraft.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years developing back end APIs and microservices
- Experience developing and maintaining production systems deployed to the cloud
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and microservices
- Experience with C++, protocol buffers, GRPC, or similar languages and technologies.
- Experience integrating large fleets of hardware with backend services such as automated vehicles, IoT devices, etc.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases, message queues, or similar systems.
- Experience in fields such as aerospace, automatic, healthcare, or other highly regulated environments
- Passion for Aviation and Drone technologies
Wing is able to support remote employees in the U.S., Australia, United Kingdom, and Finland at this time. To be eligible, candidates must provide proof of existing work authorization for their intended location.