We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The API Frameworks team builds and maintains the frameworks and tooling that support the development of Datadog’s APIs. We aim to make the developer experience as streamlined as possible so they can focus on building safe and reliable products. We are at the frontline maintaining and expanding the capabilities of our web-facing applications and infrastructure, and focus on the stability, scalability, observability, deployments, and developer experience around public APIs.
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join our new API Frameworks Engineering team. Today Datadog runs in multiple datacenters, with hundreds of engineers contributing to our APIs. As we continue to grow we have found challenges specific to the tooling our teams use to develop on our API’s. Additionally, this team needs to build reliable tooling to enable developers to easily depend on a uniform set of tooling that can also give them accurate observability into their APIs.
- Build internal tooling and frameworks that empower teams to develop, maintain and manage web-facing applications.
- Codify proven practices to improve developer experience and service reliability.
- Explore new ways to strengthen, automate, deploy, and manage our web facing infrastructure.
- Define the future of our API platform and supporting infrastructure.
- Empower engineering teams to self-service, self-report day-to-day operations dealing with web-facing applications through tooling and automation.
- Help define API standards and build tooling for maintaining these standards across all APIs.
- You have at least 3 years of experience contributing to a software engineering team
- Experience with distributed web applications and running 24/7 production environments
- You have a track record as an engineer in the operations of a large site
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing production issues
- You are fully fluent in python or golang
- You have experience with CI and deployment tools
- You have experience with building large scale web-facing applications in a heterogeneous environment
- You have experience with JSON:API or other API standards
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary.
The Software Engineer - API Frameworks position has an annual starting salary of $150,000, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.