Software Engineer - Android at Fanduel (Remote)
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
We’re looking for an engineer to join the account and wallet mobile app team. We develop and release features that pull together business critical components, putting FanDuel Sportsbook and our other products in our customers hands.
Biometrics, geolocation, and tools to keep track of what they’re betting are some of the ways we make sure our customers get to enjoy our product legally and responsibly. Be part of the team and help us shape our product's app experience.
We’re looking for skilled technologists, strong communicators, and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a senior software engineer, you will take on an element of leadership of our engineering within an empowered, multidisciplinary team, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players.
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development and generous paid leave policy, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
What You Will Do
Everyone on our team has a part to play – you will:
- Lead the team’s design, scoping and prioritisation discussions for small-medium size work that you’re responsible for, and contribute to discussions for work other people are leading.
- write and release apps that are used by millions every week.
- join a multidisciplinary team (testers, designers and business analysts)
- document your software to ensure that future-you and others will understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
- support our software in the on-call rotation where required.
- participate in the interview process and help your team train Software Engineers.
- learn alone and with your team: through self-development, 10% time, and hackathons. You keep up to date with new technologies and the best ways to solve problems, and you help others in the team to develop as well.
What You Bring
What we’re looking for in our next teammate:
- You use technology to solve difficult problems, as a significant and autonomous contributor. Just as important as your ability to work autonomously, is your ability to work well with your team to design, invent, and build stable and performant software.
- You create flexible software without over-engineering.
- You have a passion for making workflows easier, striving for operational excellence by constructively identifying problems, and proposing solutions to implement with the team.
- You write simple and extendable services and APIs, which solve complex problems, using Swift, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it.
- You test your code thoroughly, including through unit and integration tests.
- You prioritise giving our customers a great experience with the code you write, balancing customer requirements with team requirements.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- You are able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable working in an Agile environment.
What You Get
We treat our team right.
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- We buy you the software you prefer to work with, and high end hardware to run it on
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Excellent benefit programs and platforms
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!