Software Development Engineer at Liberis (Remote)
Job Title: Software Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Location: London or Nottingham (Hybrid or UK Remote available)
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over £390 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
The team behind the technology
Liberis was born with a strong purpose and it’s at the heart of who we are today.
Behind our technology is a really strong and united team, dedicated to helping our partners have the positive impact on businesses that we all want to see.
Most of us are driven by the idea of helping businesses grow and achieve their ambitions. Some of us just love creating technology that solves a problem. Either way, we believe in what we do, and we enjoy doing it. We’re particularly proud to have been formally recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing.
We are serious about Scrum, as well as continuous deployment and integration. Insights gained for real customer experiences help us continuously improve their online experience and optimise our partner integrations.
Who are you?
You are someone that is passionate about building great software and inspiring others to do the same. Understanding the significance of the 12-factor app in relation to software-as-a-service and knowing that DevOps is a mindset – not a team name. Leading by example comes naturally, motivating your team to keep up with your pace.
We think you’ll need
- A proven track record developing SOAP and/or REST interfaces
- Demonstrable optimisation, profiling, testing and refactoring skills
- Excellent communicator & fluent in English
- It would advantageous if you have:
- Full stack experience
- Excellent grasp on testing & Test Driven Development
- Great understanding on SOLID
- Experience in Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum, Kanban)
- Understanding of messaging technologies like RabbitMQ and document DB’s like MongoDB
What will you be doing here?
- Developing the cross-platform middle-layer and library components that allows us to seamlessly interface with our partners
- Delivering optimised web based front end interfaces for both internal and external customers
- Collaborating with your team and stakeholders to solve complex business problems
- Be a subject matter expert for the core technical stack
- Be a key contributor to the architectural governance to ensure efficiency and scalability
- Act as mentor to the more junior engineers in your team, setting the example not only in in work ethic, but also in delivering world-class software
- Focusing on the quality of the software whilst delivering frequently to the customers.
* We are continually building on our values-driven and culturally diverse community and encourage applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation, or background.
What we can offer you?
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
What happens next?
Think this sounds like the right next move for you? If you’re not completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, get in touch! Humility is a wonderful thing and we are interested in hearing about what you can add to Liberis. You can reach us at [email protected] - we look forward to chatting with you!