Software Development Engineer in Test at Gemini (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Quality Assurance
At Gemini, our Quality Assurance/SDET team is deeply knowledgeable about our products and product features and have a knack for comprehensive analysis from both the developer and end-user perspectives. We are effective communicators in code who aren’t afraid to think outside of the box. As key partners in deployment, the team consistently ensures that we are using our skills to design and develop detailed and robust test automation. The ideal candidate loves to code and loves to immerse themselves in solving challenging problems.
The Role: Software Development Engineer in Test
An SDET is a test professional with advanced programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process. Conduct both software development and testing tasks focused on the testability, robustness and performance of production software. Your builds should expose defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration perspective.
- Own the design and implementation of tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them.
- Set up, maintain and perform test automation frameworks on multiple applications platforms and build test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigate customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, test bugs and creating / managing bug reports.
- Work with deployment teams to resolve issues for systems, coordinate on product design and offer inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Research testing tools, methodologies and trends to update existing practices and processes.
- Solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 6+ yrs of experience as an SDET, developer or strong Automation Engineer
- Experience cheating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation
- Experience with QA concepts and methodologies
Below is a snapshot of some of the specific teams SDETs will be supporting!
Join the team improving and expanding the functionality of our matching engine, order entry mechanisms, and market data publication. We design, develop, deploy, and support real-time systems for our digital asset trading platform.
Help build the bridge between fiat and crypto! You’ll be responsible for building our Financial Operation responsibilities like payment processing, banking integration, reconciliations and expansion to new regions!
Join the new team disrupting the credit card industry with crypto rewards! You'll be responsible for building systems servicing card operations and reward infrastructure.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.