Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Are you looking for a role that doesn’t just pay company bills, it motivates and challenges you? Are you ready for an opportunity for growth that doesn’t involve working more hours or being forced into “management”? Do you want to work on teams where people roll up their sleeves to take on tough problems together, and regularly blow the doors off our clients with their outstanding teamwork? If you answered yes to those questions, 3Cloud just might be for you!
3Cloud is a premier cloud-based technology services firm helping enterprise clients transform their business by leveraging Microsoft Azure and ancillary IT solutions. Our values include: Do the Right Thing, Passion for our Clients, Winning Together, Technical Brilliance, Entrepreneurial Passion, & Having Fun.
3Cloud’s architects, engineers, and consultants average more than 15 years of designing, building, and deploying solutions that aid clients in accelerating innovation, operating more efficiently, and disrupting industry to define new business opportunity. As a Microsoft Azure Expert MSP and Gold-Certified partner, we specialize in Microsoft Azure migrations, cloud-scale custom application development, Open Source technologies, IoT, Big Data, Analytics, and DevOps achieved through Azure-enabled infrastructure automation.
Impact & Responsibilities:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Work with teams to identify system requirements, and enhance and improve programs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Meet with the software design team to discuss verification protocols
- Identify software application weaknesses and target areas
- Troubleshoot automation software and finalizing system procedures
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends, and new testing tools and test strategies
- Has earned a degree from an accredited university in a Computer Science or adjacent field, or holds a relevant certification from a recognized organization, or has experience working in software development focused role (coding, architecture, test automation)
- Has a tester mindset, is curious and can come up with interesting test scenarios
- Has a solid understanding of testing principles and methodologies
- Can write both UI and API tests
- Can apply the appropriate test approach for a given scenario
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Can code, script or program with C#
- Strong knowledge of Git, pull requests, branching, and other source control concepts
- Understands CI/CD and build pipelines
- Solid knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Experience with Azure DevOps is a big plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Familiarity with the services offered by cloud platform providers. Azure strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
At this time, we cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.