Software Development Engineer in Test II (SDET II) at Fivetran (East Bay)
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test with industry experience to join our team to collaborate and implement, develop and maintain Fivetran’s test automation tools and framework using reliable and scalable techniques.
As a SDET 2 in our Quality Engineering team, you will help the Database Connector team in enhancing and maintaining the Fivetran test automation framework developed utilizing the latest technologies such as Docker, Terraform by adding features to the framework utilizing different non UI open source libraries. You will have an opportunity to work on a multitude of databases and cloud technologies that will enhance your technical skills. The ideal candidate is highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office.
Technologies You’ll Use:
- Java11, JUnit4
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP
- Bazel, Circle CI
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creates and maintains automated test cases, executes test suites, reviews and diagnoses reported bugs, and ensures overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Works in cross functional areas with internal partner engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
- Write non UI component test cases and automate those tests to test the features of the product.
- Analysis of test results as part of CI/CD.
- 2+ years of experience in the software industry with passion for quality and automation, preferably in Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) role.
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOPs concepts, preferably Java.
- Experience in understanding the existing test automation frameworks and delivering in improving the framework.
- Expertise in developing test plans, test cases, and executing tests for the features of the product.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience in working on non UI automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of Database Testing is an added plus.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.