Software Development Engineer / Senior Software Development Engineer at SubjectWell
SubjectWell is a venture-backed technology startup on an unstoppable mission to disrupt patient recruitment for clinical trials, a $100 billion dollar sector. Clinical trials need millions of qualified patient volunteers, but regularly fall behind schedule because patients are unaware of the benefits of clinical trials or even how to get involved. SubjectWell was founded by two entrepreneurs on their third successful startup finding consumers and matching them with opportunities in digital marketplaces. Our founders realized traditional patient recruitment inefficiently advertises for one clinical trial, research site, and disease at a time. SubjectWell is transforming patient recruitment with the creation of the first and only clinical trials marketplace. We broadly educate people on the benefits of research participation and allow interested patients to choose from and be screened against multiple clinical trials in the marketplace. Since 2012, SubjectWell’s high-touch approach has helped over 780 pharmaceutical and biotech companies find qualified patients in over 175 therapeutic areas.
SubjectWell is looking for exceptional people, who are passionate about their field of expertise. Your work will build an innovative healthcare startup that is helping patients access promising care and is speeding the delivery of new medical treatments to the world.
Here is your chance to really make a difference, both in your career and in the lives of millions.
The Software Engineer position will be working on the Development team assisting to build and deliver software for use by other teams at Subject Well. This will include both implementing new functionality as well as addressing defects in Subject Well’s core applications and will include participating in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, design, testing, implementation and release.
- 3+ years of Software development experience delivering web services software.
- In-depth understanding of programming concepts in Java, C#, Ruby or any similar first class language.
- Deep technical comprehension of java script frameworks such as Vue, Angular, React, Node.js.
- Full stack capable preferred building front end components, api (REST) interfaces and data layers with the ability to work on features across the MVC framework.
- Experience with planning, building and delivering integrations between applications including 3rd party applications utilizing api interfaces.
- Comfortable with mysql, linux/unix, memcache, nginix, node.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving and ability to work in fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Proactive and have the ability to help drive and gather requirements and experience delivering technical solutions for business needs.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with a commitment to delivering high quality software that balance technical and business goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with a variety of audiences at all levels.
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail.
- Austin, Texas based or willing to relocate.
Perks & Benefits
SubjectWell hires incredibly talented and driven people who make us better. We strive to create an amazing workplace by investing in our employees. From our no cost, fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your entire family, our employer-funded HRA accounts, and our unlimited PTO - we value your wellbeing. And with employee stock options and 401(k) with 3% employer contribution (no matching required), we are dedicated to your future.
For more in-depth information on what it’s like to work at SubjectWell, as well as a comprehensive list of our benefits and perks, visit http://www.subjectwell.com/work-with-us.