Are you collaborative? Forward-thinking? Eager to solve complex challenges with creative solutions? Do you feel inspired seeing the tangible impact of your work? You’re in good company at FourKites. We love what we do, and we believe in empowering our employees to take ownership, take pride in their work, and have some fun in the process. Join us!
As a full stack Software Development Engineer, you will get an opportunity to work on features end to end (backend & frontend) using latest technologies such as Golang, Ruby, Ruby On Rails, AngularJS, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc. You will develop products that can change the logistics landscape and will be used by some of the biggest corporations in the world. You will develop integrations with our strategic partners to help expand our ecosystem. You will work closely with our US team and customers to develop features that help shape the logistics and supply chain industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering or related field from a reputed institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Software Engineering and Web application development.
- Excellent programming skills in an object oriented programming language
- Good understanding of software design, MVC architecture, Micro services architecture, object-oriented principles, and design patterns.
- Experience building RESTful APIs backed by unit tests and QA testing tools.
- Strong knowledge of Git (branches, submodules, rebasing) and other Agile tools such as JIRA & Confluence.
- Agile SDLC experience
- Experience in messaging systems such as Kafka/RabbitMQ
- Experience in Golang, NodeJS a big plus
- Experience in Amazon Web Services or other cloud services is a plus.
- Experience in leading teams will be a plus
- Develop new platform features and Backend REST API's following industry-standard best practices for software design, development and testing
- Integrate a test suite of unit, functional and integration tests into new feature development
- Determine areas for platform re-factoring
- Critical issue resolution for emergencies & production issues
- Software development and integration