Software Development Engineer Intern (Front-End) (Remote) at KnowBe4
KnowBe4, Inc. is the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last six years.
This internship will be fully remote, and might offer the option to work in-office or hybrid, depending on the state of COVID restrictions in Summer 2022. The intern will not be required to work in-office or hybrid, as the remote option will always be available.
This position is open within approved states in the U.S. Not all 50 states are approved.
Dates of Program: May 23 - August 12, 2022 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note that in the case we offer an in-office or hybrid internship option, the intern would be responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship. The intern will not be required to intern in-office or hybrid, as the remote option will always be available.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns. For more information on the internship program, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/internships.
The Software Development Engineer Intern (Front End) is responsible for developing new and exciting products for KnowBe4’s customers, alongside other engineers in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Design and develop applications in an Agile development environment
- Design and develop front-end end solutions
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Collaborate with product managers, fellow engineers and UEX designers to establish technical requirements
- Maintain quality standards for developing products
- Adopt the team best practices and ownership of the code written
- Implement and maintain quality code, learning from others
- Follow the software development process
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- KnowBe4 retains the right to change these duties at any time
- Completion of sophomore year of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Programming or related field
- Programming skills
- An eagerness to work with the latest technologies and expand your skill set
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Learn how to properly write and structure UI code
- Learn how to write proper Unit Tests
- Learn how to work with a professional deployment pipeline
- Learn how to work within Amazon Web Services
- Learn how to review other developer’s code
Internship Opportunities / Experiences:
- Build your programming skill set to include front-end development in VueJS
- Ability to add to your resume that you’ve worked in a modern agile Software Development team that ships code constantly
- Build your skill set to include AWS knowledge and how to run production apps with Docker and Terraform
Training You Will Receive:
- Hands-on mentorship of proper front-end software development, AWS and Gitlab
- Training in Agile and Scrum
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.