Software Development Engineer II at LivePerson (Seattle, WA)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We're building a rea ltime analytics system that allows brands to optimize their call centers based on historical and realtime understanding of consumer intent, using state-of-the-art NLU. In addition, we are responsible for tools and services to manage and streamline all machine learning efforts at LivePerson. This includes versioning of large datasets, data extraction and cleanup, transformation and training pipelines and deployment and large-scale serving of models.
In this role you will:
- Work on the streaming data model and stream processing for all of our ML-based analytics at LivePerson (both on-prem and cloud-based)
- Actively work towards improving the architecture, underlying technology, testing and deployment of our streaming services.
- Build and maintain systems for updating and retrieving/replaying data from our data warehouse back to downstream consumers.
- Work closely with data scientists and other teams to optimize interactions with ML models & services.
- Build effective monitoring systems to keep track of the health of our systems, and alert us to take action before incidents occur.
- Solve problems occurring with our production systems, and build solutions and automation to prevent them from reoccurring
Your qualifications are:
- 4+ years of experience in development of Microservices, RESTful API, backend systems
- 3+ years of experience in some popular jvm language (e.g: java, scala, kotlin). Experience working in kotlin is a plus.
- Python experience is not required, but a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with stream processing systems and event sourcing is a plus.
- Working knowledge of common Google Cloud services a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, mathematics or an engineering discipline.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.