LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including Citi, HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth-minded, unconventional thinkers, developers, and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our Email Experiences group as a Backend Software Development Engineer. You will join a team of experienced Software Development experts that is responsible for the strategic solution development for integrating email conversations into our Conversational Cloud platform for further servicing and monitoring. This role provides an opportunity to enter a fast-growing organization and shape the future of LivePerson.
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain scalable web applications with interactive and reactive frontends
- Develop backend services with RESTful APIs
- Monitor, test, and continuously optimize designs
- Constantly deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements
- Engineering duties include technical design, implementation, testing, support, and participation in peer code reviews
- Collaborate and interact with multiple engineering and product teams for the end-to-end implementation of new tools and applications.
Your qualifications are:
- 5+ years of experience in web development (HTML, JS, CSS) with modern web frameworks (preferably Vue.js)
- Some experience in development of microservices, RESTful API, backend systems
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- Experience in delivering software continuously with modern delivery pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative environment and simultaneously be a self-starter with strong individual contributions
Why you'll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany's World's most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you'll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.