LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including Citi, HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth-minded, unconventional thinkers, developers, and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our Email Experiences team as a Fullstack Software Development Engineer, with a strong backend background, in Canada. You will join a team of experienced Software Development experts that is responsible for the strategic solution development for integrating email conversations into our Conversational Cloud platform for further servicing and monitoring. This role provides an opportunity to enter a fast-growing organization and shape the future of LivePerson.
In this role you will:
- Develop technical specifications and documentation
- Debug production issues and help maintain existing code
- Participate in on-call rotations
Your qualifications are:
- Experienced using the following software/tools:
- Frameworks/Runtime - Java, NodeJS, Typescript, SpringBoot & ExpressJS
- Modern code repository and deployment pipelines based on Git, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Relational and NoSQL databases, likePostgreSQL, CouchBase and Cassandra.
- AWS/GCP cloud services.
- Experienced with scaling and performance optimization
- Understanding OWASP best practices
- Working with RESTful/Webhook APIs
- Experienced with oAuth1 & oAuth2 preferable
- Understanding of software design patterns and ability to work with microservice architectures.
- Familiar in development with web frameworks for interactive and reactive UI
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative environment and simultaneously be a self-starter with strong individual contributions.
- Experience working within agile methodologies
- Excellent communications skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.